City of London, London
£25.66 - £29.38 per hour + plus holiday pay
6 months ago
8 weeks +
The role is working on the Ebola vaccine projects. The projects will assess, through several clinical trials conducted in phases in Europe and Africa - the safety, tolerability and immunogenicity of the vaccine regimen in response to the urgent public health need raised by the Ebola epidemic.
The post is an integral part of a large team of University staff who are based both in London and in Kambia, Sierra Leone. The post-holder will work closely with the Senior Project Manager, other Project Managers and the Principal Investigator to support the administration and operations of the project with in-country partners.
The role is responsible for:
- Manage expenditure on a portfolio of grants, ensuring that costs are eligible as per the funder's (IMI) regulations.
- Work with multiple overseas partners to ensure good financial management and project delivery
- Attend and chair (as required) meetings with partners and internally to ensure deliverables are met and adhered to
- Act as a point of contact both internally and externally for all financial and administrative issues
- Overall administrative responsibility for the portfolio of projects and associated staff.
- Work with the Principal Investigator (PI) and Management Committee at the strategic level to ensure all of the projects reach their objectives and expected impacts, namely to implement Phase I, Phase II and Phase III trials
To be successful you will have:
- Significant experience of management in an academic, non-governmental organisation or a business with substantial turnover
- Prior experience of managing multi-million pound projects with multiple overseas partners.
- Proven experience of budget management, including creating budgets, monitoring accounts and producing financial projections and reports
- Extensive experience of providing effective leadership in a multi-disciplinary team incorporating finance, administration, human resources and procurement
- Relevant experience in resource poor countries
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to present financial and other information in a clear and logical format
Experience working on Hozion 2020, IMI or EU funded projects would be advantageous.