Up to £40000.00 per annum
4 months ago
TPP are working with an international development consultancy organisation working in the health sector to transform the health of women and girls in developing countries.
They are looking to recruit a senior Programme manager for a 12 month contract.
As Senior Programme Manager, you will be responsible for the effective and efficient oversight of a portfolio of Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, Child and Adolescent Health programmes as well as Health Systems Strengthening programmes in developing countries, subject to potential change as the organisation secures future contracts. You will manage a small cluster of Programme Managers who are directly involved in the successful delivery of these programmes.
You will work closely with other team members to ensure that all work is carried out to high standards, and overall to support the development of the organisation. You will report to the Assistant Director of Programmes, and will be based in central London with some overseas travel.
You have experience of project management in international development and public health or similar sector, and experience in managing teams. You have experience of building successful relationships with clients, collaborators and consultants, be confident in financial management and be able to manage multiple and competing priorities. A confident self-starter, you have excellent communication skills, an eye for detail, and the ability to work in a fast-moving and complex environment.
Some of the main duties:
Overseeing a portfolio of projects and ensuring high quality outputs from the Programme Management Team members who manage them day-to-day, the Senior Programme Manager will:
* Engage at a strategic level on all programmes within their portfolio, driving them forward in conjunction with Team Leaders, Programme Managers and other teams.
* Provide on-going oversight and leadership to a team of Programme Managers and Assistant Programme Managers and be first point of contact for risk management and trouble shooting.
* Provide oversight of the portfolio, ensuring Programme Managers provide accurate and timely external and internal reporting and analysis covering reimbursable and milestone contracts.
* Provide oversight of relationships with clients and consortium partners on programmes within the portfolio, lead on strategic approaches, and contracting and troubleshooting matters.
* Oversee programme finances, including financial reporting both to the client and internally.
* Quality assure the financial and management integrity of the portfolio.
* Management and analysis of programme risks and issues.
* Identify and address financial issues
* Manage a team of Programme Manager(s), Assistant Programme Manager(s) and Programme Assistant(s).
* Manage and motivate team members in all aspects of their work and support career progression.
* Conduct ongoing performance management of team members, including annual appraisals.
* Lead and / or support the recruitment process for new team members.
If this role sounds of interest please get in contact for further information.