£30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum
5 months ago
TPP is currently working with a professional membership body whose main aim is to promote the interests of a specific market within the small business sector.
With over 73,500 members working across a number of different sectors our client is going through an exciting stage of it's journey. Due to an internal promotion, they are seeking to hire a Senior Press Officer who will report directly into the Press Head.
Your role will be to work closely with the Press Head and will be responsible for delivering excellent press and media coverage which will contribute to raising the profile and the work of client, working closely with the policy, research and marketing teams.
Your duties and responsibilities will include :
- Developing and identifying positive story opportunities, and preparing proactive statements, press releases and comment.
- Liaising with the marketing team and gather appropriate case studies for stories
- Preparing, handling and delivering plans and briefings on high-profile and complex issues, often to short deadlines and under pressure
- Handling incoming media enquiries, drafting response lines and reactive news releases
- Creating and pitching op-ed pieces, authored to our client's spokespeople, to relevant journalists, editors, magazines and digital outlets including online blogs
- Sub-editing, proof-reading and editing copy from across the business as required.
Your experience will include :
- At least two years experience in either a press, PR or journalism role.
- Exceptional writing skills, able to quickly produce quality copy for a range of different audiences
- Experience of networking, influencing and building effective relationships within a complex organization
- Established contacts within national print, broadcast journalists and programme makers would be preferred, but not essential.
- Proven track record of securing high-profile national media coverage