Up to £32000.00 per annum
5 months ago
TPP is currently working with a specialist children's charity based in North London, whose aim is to provide support and development opportunities to children with communications and language challenges.
They are currently seeking to hire a Press Officer to take the lead in the development and implementation of their PR plan in support of the organisation's communications strategy.
You will support a range of campaigns and projects, whilst maximising all opportunities to increase our client's profile and raise awareness of the importance of speech, language and communication to children's lives.
Your duties and responsibilities will include :
- Develop a cross-organisational PR plan supporting the overall communications strategy and individual PR campaign plans to promote and support the varied work of our client.
- Working with the Head of Communications, deliver at least five planned integrated communication campaigns to showcase our client's work and raise awareness of the issues of children and young people with speech, language and communication needs
- Develop, maintain and manage a database of media contacts, case studies, to meet the objectives of projects, campaigns and the organisation overall.
- To monitor the media and political landscape to identify opportunities for our client to comment on key issues that impact it's work
- Manage and plan the PR budget.
- Identify and build excellent relationships with key media contacts across national, regional and specialist publications with whom to initiate and develop mutually beneficial relationships to ensure our client is known by journalists as a professional and expert organisation.
- Proactively promote stories to the media.
- Responsible for our client's press office phone and mailbox, including out of office of hours.
Your experience will include :
- Demonstrable experience of successfully working with the national press, including on policy issues.
- At least three years in house PR experience.
- Demonstrable PR experience in securing coverage in national, regional and trade media.
- Background in third sector press office/ PR agency.
- Planning, managing, evaluating and implementing PR plans relating to high profile media campaigns.
- Experience in securing good quality media coverage in Trade, online, local/regional and national press.
- Briefing staff, stakeholders and spokespeople for media work.
Base salary £32,000 dependent on experience