£30k - 35k per year
over 2 years ago
A leading health charity are looking for a Senior Press Officer to promote the work of the organisation and raise awareness. They need a dynamic creative professional who can seek out opportunities to promote the work of the charity to the media and increase the uptake of the campaigns and events the charity runs.
This is a great opportunity for someone at media officer level or senior level with a passion for promoting research work in the media. As well as 27 days annual leave and a generous salary for this level there are opportunities for continued professional development and various other benefits.
- Experience of delivering high level media strategies to secure quality coverage.
- Experience and understanding of the use of social media in integrated media campaigns to support and advance media objectives.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal with consistent attention to detail and excellent editing skills. Experience of writing press releases, news stories and feature articles.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to liaise with stakeholders and contacts at all levels.
- Good understanding of the UK political system and how campaigns can influence decision making when it comes to health, social care and education policy.
- Excellent understanding of and engagement with the media with a track record as a news junkie.
- Experience in managing volunteers would be highly advantageous