£34500.00 - £37500.00 per annum + Additional benefits
13 days ago
Are you a Press and PR professional looking for a new role?
If so, a national, well-known Cancer Charity are looking to appoint a Senior Press and PR Officer to raise the profile of their world-class scientific research through PR and media relations at a time when the need for their impact has never been greater.
As the Senior Press and PR Officer, you will be tasked to work with the Press and PR Manager (Research and Health) to develop and land creative and inspiring media coverage that reaches key stakeholders including those affected by breast cancer, healthcare professionals, potential funders, key decision-makers and the general public, to inspire their engagement and support (including financial) for their cause.
- To lead on developing, delivering and evaluating proactive and integrated media and PR plans to raise awareness of the organisations world-class research activity.
- Deliver regional, national and trade coverage to engage journalists, supporters, donors and the public, with our funded research.
- To lead on identifying reactive media opportunities and drafting compelling responses that achieve cut-through, positioning the charity as expert commentators on research and profiling its own research activity.
- To write accurate, impactful and newsworthy content including press releases, statements, letters to editors, blogs, and case study stories, to raise awareness of our world-class research.
- To build and nurture strong relationships with national press and broadcast science and health journalists, editors and producers, as well as trade media, to grow understanding and support for the organisation and its work, ensuring it is the 'go to' press office on breast cancer issues.
- Working with the Celebrity and Influencer Relationships Manager, create opportunities to engage talent with our world-class research.
- To help to run PR events, launches, press conferences, photoshoots, seminars and conferences where required.
- To support the Press and PR Manager (Research and Health) and Associate Director of Press, PR and Celebrity with issues management and crisis communications.
Your experience and skills
- Demonstrable experience of working in a busy and fast-paced press office or news environment, in science communications and/or PR/media relations
- An excellent understanding of media relations across national, broadcast, regional, trade and consumer media, and with a proven track record of securing coverage in a crowded market.
- Proven ability to quickly grasp new scientific information and distil into lay-friendly news content.
- A proactive self-starter as well as being a collaborative and enthusiastic team player.
- Excellent proofing and editing skills to tight deadlines.
- The ability to juggle multiple workloads and priorities and to remain calm under pressure.
This is a great opportunity for someone who would like to work with a charity whose service users are at the heart of their message and ultimately support families and individuals dealing with cancer.
If you would like to apply or this position, please submit an up-to-date CV along with a 400-500-word cover letter highlighting how your skills and experience specifically relate to the responsibilities listed above.
Closing date for applications will be on the 7th of July with interviews being held the following week.
We look forward to receiving your application.
We want you to have every opportunity to demonstrate your skills, ability and potential; please contact us if you require any assistance or adjustment so that we can help with making the application process work for you.