£49000.00 - £50000 per annum
5 months ago
TPP is currently representing a large national children's charity based in Central London. They are seeking to hire a Senior Policy & Public Affairs Manager who will be part of the new Policy & Public Affairs team together with another newly appointed manager.
The Policy and Public Affairs Manager will be responsible for leading the development of policy work, and to develop and lead the public affairs strategy, directly influencing parliament and policy makers in the areas of responsibility
Duties and responsibilities will include :
- Lead the development of influencing campaigning priorities, using evidence and insight, working closely with colleagues across the charity.
- Identify and develop key policies needed to achieve our goals andoutcomes
- Work closely with communications colleagues and, where appropriate,act as spokesperson for our client through the media on high profilepolicy issues.
- Have line management responsibilities for members of the team andwork with the Head of Policy and Public Affairs to provide leadershipand manage and develop the team.
- Key point of contact for internal and external requests for informationand advice about our client's positions on public affairs and policyinitiatives, including reactive position on emerging policy questions.
- Manage and coordinate the approach to major conferences,exhibitions, speaker opportunities and bespoke events.
- Evidence exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with theclear ability to influence a wide range of audiences verbally and inwriting tailoring information to different audiences.
- Show a good understanding of child related public policy with anunderstanding of child protection issues and knowledge of the legal,government and media environments.
- Demonstrate good knowledge of the Parliamentarian processes andexcellent negotiation skills with evidence of having delivery tangiblechange by influencing at the highest level.
- Demonstrate excellent evidence based policy making skills, mixingstrong analytical skills, with the ability to understand the wider policycontext to turn problems into practical robust policy solutions.
- Evidence of strong programme management skills and experience ofmanaging complex and competing priorities with a strong track recordfor delivery at speed and under pressure, responding to tight external deadlines.