£30000.00 - £31000.00 per annum
about 1 year ago
TPP is currently working for a organisation campaigning against violence and aggression.
They are seeking to hire a Senior Policy & Campaigns Officer who will be responsible for leading on our client's policy and campaign work.
Your duties and responsibilities will include :
- Lead the delivery and evaluation of national campaigns on stalking.
- Maintain effective relationships with civil servants, policy makers, national and local decision makers, and other campaigning bodies and build relevant networks of stakeholders.
- Proactively keep abreast of issues within the post-holder's own portfolio, general criminal justice and violence against women and girl's policy developments and up to date campaigning techniques.
- Develop policy recommendations, write policy and campaigns reports, lobby government and other decision makers and stakeholders, and respond on behalf of our client to government enquiries, consultations or other relevant initiatives.
- Engage people with experience of stalking in all aspects of work, including input into planning and policy development, participation in research and engagement in campaign actions and events.
- Disseminate our client's policies and campaigns through external presentations, publications, articles or briefings for a variety of audiences, and plan, organise, implement, oversee and evaluate campaign events.
Your experience will include :
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in a policy and campaigning/public affairs role.
- Knowledge of the criminal justice and violence against women and girls sectors.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Experience of delivering public talks and/or training to internal or external audiences.
- Good knowledge of local and national government structures and experience of influencing them including the legislative process.