£51000 - £57000 per annum
about 1 month ago
A national educational research organisation is looking for a Senior Operations Manager on a fixed term contract basis for 6 months.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an organisation who is a respected voice in education, who use their expertise to produce high quality research insights to inform key decision makers about issues across the education system. As Senior Operations Manager, your primary focus will be to implement and manage an evaluation project for a multi strand, national tutoring programme. The aim of the evaluation project is to assess impact, effectiveness and take up.
- To implement and deliver the project ensuring it is managed to quality, budget and time, working with internal and external teams, meeting challenging timescales.
- To work with the Research Department to support services to them, including RCT Trials and other quantitative work, including surveys and data collections.
- To ensure that response rates are met using a range of suitable strategies and continually learning from experience and improving approach.
- Keep procedures and processes up to date and fit for purpose.
- To maintain and continually improve ways of working, producing business plans for changes where needed and driving forward development, including technical development
- Effectively manage project risks, managing issues to ensure the project can meet its goal.
- To develop and maintain strong working relationships with internal staff, external clients, partners and other contacts.
- Produce project governance plans and associated documentation, e.g. Exit plans, business continuity plans for the project.
- Structured and analytic thinker able to understand the complexity of their business, with ability to develop new projects and processes from scratch and put these into place.
- Excellent project management expertise including a formal qualification in project management, Prince 2 Practitioner or equivalent and the ability to use Agile techniques.
- Experience in an education and/or operational related business
- Strong influencing and stakeholder engagement skills
- Strategic thinking ability combined with creativity and innovative flair.
- Comfortable with strategic and financial analysis and be proficient working with complex spreadsheets, quantitative/business modelling and strategic frameworks.
- The ability to lead and motivate people maximising performance.
This role works fully remote and open to candidates applying from anywhere in the UK. Please apply today!