£32,492 - 38,340 per year
over 3 years ago
A leading children's disability charity are looking for a Senior Media Relations Officer to work with the Head of Media and PR to promote the work of the organisation and raise awareness. They need a dynamic creative professional who can seek out opportunities to promote the work of the charity to the media and increase the uptake of the campaigns and events the charity runs. They are looking for an individual who can spot a good story and increase media and celebrity engagement with a cause.
- Experience of delivering high level media strategies to secure quality coverage.
- Experience and understanding of the use of social media in integrated media campaigns to support and advance media objectives.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal with consistent attention to detail and excellent editing skills. Experience of writing press releases, news stories and feature articles.
- Experience of celebrity engagement would be ideal.
- An understanding of how to tell a story, with experience of writing case studies and interviewing,
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to liaise with stakeholders and contacts at all levels.
- Good understanding of the UK political system and how campaigns can influence decision making when it comes to health, social care and education policy.
- Excellent understanding of and engagement with the media with a track record as a news junkie.
- Line management experience would be highly advantageous.