Up to £41000.00 per annum
over 1 year ago
Our client is a professional medical body serving the healthcare sector. They are seeking to hire a senior level Media Officer on a part-time basis, working a 2 day week to join their dedicated PR & Press team based out of their Central London office.
The role holder will be tasked with helping to develop the profile and influence of our client and the profession, by utilising traditional and online media, and other PR activities. The roleholder will also highlight the work of our client to their members to a range of audiences including the general public, decision makers and other health professionals.
Duties and responsibilities will include :
- Anticipate and manage opportunities for coverage on a wide range of issues which cover the full breadth of the profession and our client's work .e.g. from stories about physio treatment for different illnesses/conditions to union negotiations and cuts to services, seeking input from a wide range of colleagues and experts.
- Draft and circulate press lines, quotes, FoI requests, announcements, key messages, statements and briefings for journalists on complex and contentious issues whilst also managing the tone of the subsequent coverage which appears.
- Work with the senior digital media officer to identify service examples for broadcast media and related online content.
- Secure increased profile for our client and the profession in broadcast news.
- Develop broadcast opportunities beyond traditional news bulletins that are in-line with our client's strategic priorities.
- Liaise with the regional communications officers to develop opportunities in the local media and campaign events in their areas.
- Marshall data and ideas into coherent arguments to generate publicity around new and emerging issues affecting the physiotherapy profession, the delivery of services to patients and work with relevant directorates to protect members' rights and conditions.
- Identify our client's members as media spokespeople and develop and maintain a database that categorises their experience, knowledge and skills.
- To contribute to related PR activities, the evaluation of campaigns and media initiatives, and to the production of regular performance monitoring reports.
- Deputise for the Head of Press and PR when required.
- Previous experience of working in a media or public relations role, including developing news stories for national, local and online media, writing media releases and posting information in social media.
- Experience of creating and planning national media campaigns to meet corporate communication objectives.
- High level understanding of the current affairs/political agenda and the ability to respond to it speedily, imaginatively and with accuracy.
- Excellent and wide-ranging verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate confidently and clearly, both verbally and in writing, whether for press releases, web copy, briefings or reports.
If you feel that your experience meets with the requirements for this role, and you are interested in applying, please email your CV to me quoting the reference number in the subject line.
If you know someone who is interested in this role either email email@example.com their contact details or ask them to contact us directly.
Our client is looking for the successful candidate to start the role the middle part of September.
We look forward to hearing from you.