about 1 year ago
Pride in London means many things to many people, it belongs to our community and it belongs to you; come and join the conversation!
Forty-six years since the first Pride march in London, Pride in London has a renewed sense of purpose to highlight the challenges still facing the LGBT+ community today despite progress. We are run by a group of volunteers who are passionate about equality and diversity and are drawn from all walks of life; together we pull off the UK's biggest free LGBTQ+ community event every year. Pride aims to raise awareness of LGBTQ+ issues and campaign for the freedoms that will allow all of our community to live their lives on a genuinely equal footing.
Around 150 people volunteer year-round to help us deliver what has become a world-class Pride. We welcome applications from everybody, and are especially keen to attract new volunteers from the BAME, Trans, Bi, Non-binary and Queer communities who we would love to see more widely represented in our organisation.
Your new team
Our fundraising team is key to making Pride in London happen. The event is expensive to run and the show couldn't go on without their efforts encouraging generous donations from thousands of individuals every year. The team work tirelessly year round across a range of activities from running glamorous events like our Gala Dinner, to partnering with community groups or simply hitting the streets with a Pride in London fundraising bucket!
The fundraising team is responsible for growing financial donations and commercial income that allow Pride in London to continue to grow the event and its support of the LGBTQ+ community. You will be part of a team that is responsible for generating £30k+ income. This role will play a key part in organising the on the day fundraising of bucket collections/face painting along with other types of value exchange.
- Design and implement the On The Day strategy to encourage of fundraising activities .
- Work with key internal and external stakeholders to organise and manage On The Day fundraising including ensuring that the correct licenses are in place.
- Coordinate the creation and delivery of assets linked to this activity and ensure they are promoted through Pride in London channels
- Support and steward volunteers taking on fundraising roles On The Day of Pride, this includes training with the support of our PiL volunteering team
- Work with the digital fundraising team to maximise fundraising opportunities both pre and post event.
- Work with the Director of Fundraising and Head of Fundraising on the strategic plans for growing the year round income
- Ensure all fundraising is banked correctly on the day
Who you are
- This role requires someone who has experience of using Microsoft packages
- An outgoing, friendly personality
- The role will require contribution all year round, with increased commitment period in the last two months leading up to Parade weekend
What you'll get joining pride in London
- A induction course and a variety of training that's offered throughout the year
- An opportunity to get new and relevant professional experience
- A chance to broaden your professional network
- Play an important part in delivering Pride event
- Social opportunities to meet the diverse and friendly bunch who volunteer for Pride in London
How to apply
Please send a CV, and Covering letter showcasing how you are suitable for the role to;