Manchester, Greater Manchester
£31000 - £60000 per annum + Depending on experience
7 months ago
We are currently working with a leading university in the UK, who are looking to recruit a senior lecturer specializing in Humanitarian Practice and Studies, for a four-year fixed term contract. With a salary of up to £60,000, please see further details on this role below:
- Collaborate with academic colleagues across the university to ensure the LEAP programme - Leadership Education Academic Partnership, is ready to take its first cohort of students by January 2019.
- Use innovative teaching techniques and resources to engage and motivate the students.
- Ensure that teaching material is informed by field experience and research, as you will be expected to have a research agenda that keeps the students informed of on going developments.
- Ensure the programme meets the university's quality assurance and educational standards.
- Convening courses and offering teaching at undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral levels as required.
- Undertake active administrative leadership within the university.
- Relevant PhD and proven track record of excellent teaching. (Essential)
- Practical knowledge or experience of management and NGO engagement (Essential)
- Excellent presentational and interpersonal skills (Essential)
- Evidence of high level research in humanitarian studies or related areas, including publications in leading journals. (Desirable)
- Evidence of supervising postgraduate students (Desirable)
- Qualitative and quantitative research skills (Desirable)
If you are interested in applying, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the reference number in the subject line.