UK equivalent to Ugandan Shilling
over 3 years ago
An international education charity who work to transform African prison services are currently recruiting for a Senior Tutor to coordinate all aspects of their legal education porgramme which foucus on their Univeristy of London programmes.
The Senior Tutor will be responsible fo leading a team of tutors and volunteers, enhancing learning, timetabling and course construction, managing partnerships with African and UK universities as well as teaching.
Key responsibilities include:
- Delivering the charities strategic education plans and resources in prisons- working at all times within the prisons rules and the charities policies and procedures
- Identify and co-ordinate new developments, such as those relating to the curriculum, models of delivery and partnership working, through regular review and investigation of new opportunities.
- Co-ordinate activities which support the recruitment and retention of students.
- Managing a team of tutors who could be paid staff or volunteers and could be in one or more locations; including managing all HR aspects such as recruitment and disciplinary action if deemed to be appropriate- this will be in liaison with the charities HR functions.
- Engage in appropriate committees, working groups and other activities to maintain strong and productive external networks.
- Responsible for ensuring that standards and quality of academic delivery is maintained and developed.
- Ensuring the correct course and teaching materials is available for their tutors and students - to include working with the fundraising teams to gain books from various charities and HNW individuals.
- In consultation with the Regional Director will be responsible for administering, and monitoring the Uol budget, and for administering the returns required by the charities finance functions ? this also includes producing reports and returns as required by the charities fundraising managers and for the University of London.
Key criteria for the role include:
- Honours degree in law (2.1 or above)
- 5 years or more experience of administrative or managerial responsibility in an academic environment
- Understanding or experience of the requirements of teaching
The organisation offer a competitive remuneration and plenty of scope for learning and development.
This is not a family duty station.
The candidate will be expected to spend time both in Kenya, Uganda and in the UK.
The contract duration is 12 months, with a strong likelihood that this will be extended annually depending on performance against objectives.
To apply for this role please send a copy of your CV to the Education Team quoting reference number J53550KP