Up to £32000 per annum
almost 2 years ago
Our client is a specialist youth development charity whose aim to improve and enhance the lives of young people through nautical and marine based activities.
They are seeking to hire a Senior Internal Communications Officer who will be responsible for leading internal communications to all employees and their large volunteer base.
The post-holder will be responsible for communicating on a range of issues relevant to staff action, engagement and understating. The post-holder will make use of all relevant existing communication platforms and developing a strategy to support and aid delivery to enable our client, and the brands it represents, to achieve its objectives through the delivery of quality internal communications that enhance understanding and engagement with the charity - catering to both staff and volunteers across the UK.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Devising and implementing communications plans and campaigns targeted at employees and
volunteers and using insights to measure their impact.
- Writing and editing using plain English to produce accessible copy for multiple channels and
- Project management specific projects and comms for specific audiences.
- Use video, blogging, live-streamed discussions and other non-traditional media to promote cultural
change and engagement.
- Promote our client's brands and values to internal stakeholders.
- Refine and develop the internal communications strategy and action plan.
- Work with key stakeholders to develop content for the organisation's intranet systems and leading
its management and delivery.
- Create informative, relevant copy for internal and volunteer audiences in print, web-based media
- Sound knowledge of an internal communications function including digital and social media.
- Two years' experience in a similar role.
- Excellent written and verbal skills with good
attention to detail.
- Ability to cope under pressure in a busy communications office environment, prioritise work and meet deadlines.
- Good interpersonal and communications skills including the ability to communicate with staff, volunteers
and the public, including the press and film crews;
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in both written and verbal representations
- Ability to work unsupervised and take responsibility.
If you are interested in applying, please email your CV to me - firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the reference number in the subject line.
CLOSING DATE: ASAP
We look forward to hearing from you.