City of London, London
Up to £38000 per annum
about 1 month ago
Our client, a national health charity, are looking for a Senior Health Information Officer to join the team on a fixed term contract basis until the end of September 2021. Reporting to the Head of Policy, Knowledge, Health and Information, you will lead and support a small team to produce their health information resources - in print, film and online - making sure these are easy-to-read, well-designed, evidence-based and accurate.
- Supervise the Health Information Team in producing information on cancer and health.
- Research, write and update several information resources on cancer and health.
- Provide editorial and evidence reviews to ensure health information is easy to read, evidence-based and accurate, working with the Specialist Nurses and the Knowledge team
- Work collaboratively with the Communications team to publish health information in print, online and other formats such as film and audio.
- Provide effective management for three Health Information Officers - to ensure motivated performance, high quality service delivery and achievement of their work programme.
- Support the Head of Department to prioritise the team's work programme and review its processes.
- Work collaboratively with teams across the organisation, developing effective working relationships and participating effectively in cross-organisational projects.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant field and continuing professional development in a relevant field.
- Experienced in producing information for the public from the research stage, through to writing, external review and publication.
- Experienced in researching health information using medical databases and the internet.
- Experienced in communicating complex health information to a lay audience in writing.
- Ability to supervise and monitor the work of a whole team or project.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, competing demands, work to tight deadlines and delegate tasks.
- Strong editing and proof-reading skills.
- Experienced in writing for a digital audience.
- Ability to work flexibility and collaboratively, partnering with others to achieve the best outcomes for men and share what you know
- IT skills including Word, Excel, CMS, databases and referencing software.
- An understanding of best practice when producing health information.
- Strong interpersonal skills with evidence of being open to alternative views, ideas and options.
This role offers flexible remote working with regular travel to their London office (currently closed due to Covid-19 restrictions)
We want you to have every opportunity to demonstrate your skills, ability and potential; please contact us if you require any assistance or adjustment so that we can help with making the application process work for you.