West London, London
£40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum
6 months ago
TPP is currently working with an international cancer charity. They are looking to hire a Senior External Relations Manager.
This is a new post created through both the re-organisation and merging of functions. You will report into the Head of Engagement & Communications and will be responsible for leading on our client's external affairs and communications work, to position them as a leading player in the healthcare sector.
Your duties and responsibilities will include :
- Leading a busy press office, managing proactive and reactive PR activity.
- Managing a small team of staff to draft and issue press releases covering all aspects of our client's work including donor recruitment and fundraising activity.
- Overseeing the development and delivery of a public affairs, lobbying and influencing programme that positions our client as a leading organisation in their sector.
- Provide strategic advice and guidance to senior leadership regarding potential impact of major public policy and regulatory issues likely to affect our client.
- Representing our client in discussions with Government officials, special advisers, members of parliaments and assemblies of the four nations of the UK.
Your experience will include
- Over 5 years' demonstrable experience in a similar broad-based external affairs or PR/Communications role (including agency management and internal communications), ideally within the charity sector.
- Clear experience of issues management and working in dynamic public affairs environment,
- In depth understanding of the public policy development process and the workings of relevant UK and European institutions.
- Experience of working within a busy press office, proactively seeking opportunities and pitching stories.
- Proven experience of developing and implementing campaign plans.
- Previous line management experience.