Up to £36000.00 per annum
8 months ago
1 year contract
A membership organisation for science professionals is hiring for a Senior Events Engagement Officer who will project manage the organisation's flagship exhibition event in Summer 2022 within the public engagement programme. This is a 12-month fixed term contract with flexible hybrid remote working options.
As the Senior Events Engagement Officer, you will oversee all elements of the exhibition, working with other members of the team and from across the organisation to deliver exhibits, a supporting events programme, and a concurrent digital version. The 2022 Exhibition will be a combination of an in-person event in central London and digital content, building on the experiences and learnings from two years' worth of digital-only exhibitions.
In this role, you will oversee a project team comprising of individuals and departments from across the organisation. You will develop detailed project and stakeholder stewardship plans and lead the project group to deliver the Exhibition. You will be the first point of contact for key stakeholder groups including exhibitors and volunteers. You will also provide day-to-day management of the budget, as well as line management of an assistant role which supports programmes across the entire Public Engagement team.
You will have the following skills and experience:
* Demonstrable experience of delivering large scale events, and solid experience of matrix project management in an events or public engagement role.
* Excellent knowledge of event operations and accompanying systems and procedures, including health and safety best practice and risk management.
* Experience of delivering accessible digital events and content for the public.
* Strong working knowledge of producing marketing and promotions plans that engage target audiences, and a clear understanding of the design, print, advertising and press processes involved in this process.
* Experience of stakeholder management and stewardship.
* Experience of managing contractors working on outsourced projects.
If this sounds like the role for you, then we would love to hear from you. We are reviewing CVs as and when we are receiving them so if you are keen to apply, then please do so today.
TPP are always keen to speak with candidates looking to work in the sector so if this role isn't quite right for you, please do check out our website www.tpp.co.uk and pop your CV over to us!
We want you to have every opportunity to demonstrate your skills, ability and potential; please contact us if you require any assistance or adjustment so that we can help with making the application process work for you.