£43245.00 - £47800.00 per annum
about 1 month ago
A charity working to prevent young people from getting involved in violence is looking for a Senior Evaluation Manager to provide excellent evaluation so that the charity can find out the very best ways to prevent young people and children from becoming involved in violence. This is a full-time 9-12 month contract providing maternity cover.
As the Senior Evaluation Manager, you will lead a team of two evaluation managers and work closely with the Assistant Director of evaluation, ensuring your team has the support to effectively deliver a portfolio of evaluation projects. As well as this, your key responsibilities will include:
* Ensuring the delivery of evaluations are on time and on budget, including reporting on risks and issues
* Implementing the processes for assessing the quality of evidence underpinning fund applications and making funding recommendations.
* Shaping the evaluation approach for individual grant rounds and leading on this for a small number of rounds.
* Providing technical expertise on evaluation to relevant teams
* Leading the delivery of the charity's evaluation work, this will include designing, commissioning and managing complex and largescale evaluations
* Ensuring that the charity's evaluation policies and reporting templates remain consistent and fit for purpose
* Be responsible for the ongoing development of the charity's commissioning guidance.
You will have the following skills and experiences:
* Strong experience of impact evaluation - either randomised control trials (RCTs) or quasi experimental designs (QEDS)
* A post-graduate degree (Masters or PhD), or relevant experience equivalent to a Masters qualification, in social science, social policy, public health, health services or other field, with a significant quantitative component.
* Significant experience in carrying out or commissioning research in academia, government, not-for-profit, or a related sector, including designing all aspects of the research and managing external contractors
* Experience of managing and developing staff
* Strong technical expertise in evaluation methodologies including critically appraising the a variety of different evaluation designs
* Experience in dealing with senior academics and other research experts
* Excellent project and time management skills and the ability to deliver high-quality work in a fast-paced environment
* Excellent communicator: Ability to produce technical documents that accurately report methodological and statistical information. You will combine this with experience of communicating complex evidence and analysis in a simple and accessible format to non-experts.
This role will be fully remote for the foreseeable future until a new office is secured, the working arrangement will then be 1 day a week of your choice in the office when a new office is available.
If you are interested in this role, please apply now. To arrange a confidential discussion, please contact Gemma Hannington at TPP Recruitment. We will be accepting applications on a rolling basis until Sunday 26th September 2021 so please do get in touch as soon as possible if you are interested.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are considering a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on how we can help you achieve your career goals. TPP specialise in recruitment for the not for profit and public sector, and we offer a wide range of temporary, fixed term, and permanent job opportunities across multiple professions.
We want you to have every opportunity to demonstrate your skills, ability and potential; please contact us if you require any assistance or adjustment so that we can help with making the application process work for you.