£35000 - £38000 per annum
12 days ago
With a flexible working pattern on offer and the choice to work remotely or from their Head Office in London, we are looking for a Senior Data Analyst to join a small and dedicated team of insight data analysts on a fixed term contract basis starting in December 2021 until April 2022.
Out client is a professional body and learned society who works for the advancement of education, research and application in their specialist scientific field.
Sitting within the Science and Innovation department, the Senior Data Analyst will lead on the collation, analysis and visualisation of data relevant to the science landscape including data from research and investment, higher education, workforce, government data including from the Office of National Statistics and their own membership data. You will be developing new workflows to undertake detailed analysis of complex data sets, guiding the delivery of projects and strategy across the organisation, ensuring robust evidence, data and methodologies are used.
- Working with a wide range of internal and external data sets to draw out insights for programmes and projects across the organisation
- Determining, collecting and analysing data from a wide range of sources
- Developing processes governing what data is collected, and how it is stored, arranged, integrated, and used
- Developing effective ontologies and taxonomies to interrogate different data sets
- Designing and refining complex data workflows to enable the end-to-end analysis of detailed data sets
- Implementing and driving use of an evolving range of data analytics tools and techniques, to best serve the organisations' goals
- Working with colleagues from across the organisation (including other Heads and other senior staff) to help design data and evidence driven approaches to key projects and activities
- Communicating with senior stakeholders including members, committees and partner organisations to ensure data processes are robust and high quality
- Ensuring that department adheres to best practice with regards to data security
- Creating and implementing user friendly, online visualisation tools for the science community.
- Proven experience of working as a data analysist or senior data analysist
- Experience analysing structured/unstructured datasets, detecting issues & providing solutions
- Experience designing workflows to allow analysis of multiple complex datasets
- Experience interpreting and presenting data for reporting, developing user friendly interactive visualisations
- Significant data analytics experience - ideally Alteryx Designer
- Significant data visualisation experience - ideally with Tableau
- Ideally an understanding of the research and funding landscape in the UK and Ireland
Due to the extended leave of one member of the team and the expanding capacity of the team, there are 2 positions available for this role. The core working hours are between 9am and 5pm but the organisation values flexibility and working hours can be flexible to suit your needs.
You can apply to this role by sending your CV to me. Applications will be viewed on a rolling basis and so please do apply straight away if interested.
We want you to have every opportunity to demonstrate your skills, ability and potential; please contact us if you require any assistance or adjustment so that we can help with making the application process work for you.