£29,000 to £32,000
almost 3 years ago
This children’s medical charity that provides vital support and information to children suffering from a rare illness and their families, is recruiting for a Senior Community Fundraiser to join its small, dedicated team. In addition to the support they offer, this charity also funds ground-breaking research, and raises awareness. This is an excellent opportunity to work with an extremely committed group of supporters, in a really rewarding fundraising role.
Key duties within this position will be as follows:
- Work to meet achievable income goals from community & events fundraising activity, as well as small corporate partnerships and individual giving
- Manage fundraising expenditure budgets
- Maintain an ongoing events programme including the London Marathon, and Great North Run; as well as working with individual event participants with own place slots on UK and overseas challenges
- Support a small portfolio of corporate funders, and grow this portfolio where possible
- Represent the charity at fundraising events and be able to present effectively on the work of the charity
- Work closely with the CEO to devise and implement a fundraising strategy for growing income
- Maintain and accurate and up to date fundraising records
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with supporters, volunteer fundraisers, healthcare professionals, trustees and staff
The successful applicant will have the following skills and experience:
- Knowledge and understanding of the voluntary sector and of fundraising
- A proven track record of community fundraising and of meeting income targets
- Experience of working successfully with individual donors and fundraising volunteers
- Knowledge and understanding of fundraising events
- Ability to work to deadlines, and to manage your time effectively
- Excellent interpersonal and organisation skills including experience of setting up and managing project and event plans
- Sensitive to others, a high level of empathy, as well as excellent communication skills
The charity is keen to hear from anyone who would like to discuss this opportunity further so please contact Alice at TPP on 020 7198 6040 for an initial chat about the role.
Alternatively feel free to email your CV to email@example.com in the first instance. We do try to get in touch with all applications of interest however due to the volume of applications we receive this isn’t always possible.
Plus free training for fundraisers!
All fundraisers who secure a role through TPP Recruitment receive a £100 CPD voucher to use with the Institute of Fundraising. More details are available on the TPP Recruitment website http://www.tpp.co.uk/CPDvoucher.