Up to £33000.00 per annum
3 months ago
TPP are currently working with a youth development charity based in South London who are seeking to hire a Senior Communications Officer, who will be responsible for taking the lead on delivering leading media communications, to enable our client to achieve thier objectives.
Reporting into the Director of Communcations & Fundraising your duties and responsibilities will include :
To work with the Director to manage the charity's image and values to all stakeholders.
- To proactively explore opportunities for media coverage and to establish effective media links to raise the profile of the organisation.
- To support efforts in growing the charity's social media and digital presence across its existing platforms.
To lead and coordinate integrated media campaigns, alongside digital media, for maximum coverage.
To identify relevant tools and tactics to enhance communications (case studies, celebrity, articles, quotes, posts and comments).
To ensure our client's marketing principles and guidelines are communicated to internal and external
To lead on media projects as directed by line manager. To build effective networks with colleagues and provide advice and expertise to staff regarding all aspects of their public profile.
Your experience will include :
- 3 + years experience gained in either a Press/PR/Media Relations/Communications role.
- Experience in developing and maintaining good working relations with journalists and media specialists.
- Understanding of principles of marketing, PR and communications.
- Some experience of crisis management and media handling and the sensitivities.
- Initiating and planning media campaigns: defining goals, analysing problems and opportunities and liaising with management and clients.
- Experience of advising senior managers on high profile media matters