Up to £33000.00 per annum
27 days ago
TPP is currently working with a youth education and training charity providing life skills across a number of units in the UK. They are currently seeking to hire a Senior Communications Officer who will report into the Director of Fundraising & Communications and join a team of 5.
The primary purpose of the Senior Communications Officer is to lead on delivering cost effective and class-leading media communications to enable our client to achieve objectives across campaigns, fundraising and policy by achieving targeted and effective profile in the media and across a number of channels.
Your duties and responsibilities will include :
- To work with the Director to manage the charity's image and values to all stakeholders.
- To proactively explore opportunities for media coverage and to establish effective media links to raise the profile of the organisation.
- To support efforts in growing the charity's social media and digital presence across its existing platforms.
- To lead and coordinate integrated media campaigns, alongside digital media, for maximum coverage.
- To identify relevant tools and tactics to enhance communications (case studies, celebrity,articles, quotes, posts and comments)
Your experience will include :
- Previous media relations experience gained in the charity sector either in house or through an external agency.
- Experience of working with journalists and media specialists and maintaining good working relations with them.
- Excellent written and verbal skills with good attention to detail
- Some experience of crisis management and media handling.
- Experience of working with teams and divisions and planning media campaigns: defining goals, analysing problems and opportunities and liaising with management and clients.
- Experience of advising senior managers on high profile media matters