£32000.00 - £33000 per annum
about 1 month ago
TPP is currently representing an international health charity focused on blindness prevention globally.
They are seeking to hire a Senior Communications Officer to join their dedicated team and to assist our client with raising the profile of the organisation with their key audiences.
The role holder will be responsible for developing and implementing plans and tactics in supporting their fundraising and programme activities.
Your duties and responsibilities will include :
- Develop relationships with key media and journalists including international development and regional media and influencers.
- Draft and issue press releases and sell in stories.
- Respond to media requests for information about their programme and fundraising work.
- Keep abreast of the latest information and news related to health and international development and the charity sector.
- Maintain oversight of the media monitoring service.
- Development of content across all the organisation's digital channels (social & web)
- Develop and plan to maximise press opportunities for corporate partnerships, key donor and community activity.
Your experience will include
- Proven experience of delivering communications in-house or at an agency.
- A solid communicator with a track record of establishing and maintaining good relationships with journalists.
- Proven ability to create and distribute press releases and securing media coverage.
- Strong and engaging copywriting skills, writing for a range of audiences and channels.