N. London, London, England
£31310.00 per annum
5 months ago
TPP is currently working exclusively with a health policy and campaigning NGO based in North London. Established over 30 years ago, our client's aim is to work and improve the national response to HIV through policy development, expertise  and the provision of practical resources rather than through offering direct support services to people living with HIV.
They are seeking to hire a Communications Officer whose purpose is to contribute and work with the Head of Communications to implement our client's communications strategy across all channels and to implement media plans on specific campaigns and projects. You will also be responsible for leading the growth and management of our client's social media presence in line with their aims.
Your duties and responsibilities will include :
- To grow the profile of our client amongst agreed target audiences.
- To lead on developing and implementing our client's social media strategy and action plan in line with the overarching aims of our client's communications strategy.
- To monitor social media activity and report key statistics regularly to the Head of Communications and SMT.
- To provide an effective and responsive press office service, communicating both our client's policy work and fundraising activities.
- To take proactive steps to challenge incorrect, stigmatising and discriminatory reporting of HIV in the UK and communicate insights and learning to the wider team.
- To provide PR/communications support for key fundraising activities as required.
- To organise an annual LGBT media briefing event.
Your experience will include :
- A minimum of two years' experience working in external communications (ideally in the voluntary sector).
- Experience of working with the media, building relationships and securing coverage would be ideal, but our client would provide training.
- Experience of developing content for websites, managing and promoting them and of working with website content management systems.
- A proven track record in developing and implementing engaging social media content to communicate key messages and of strategically growing social media engagement.