Up to £41413 per annum
3 months ago
TPP are currently working with a network of independent charities across the UK which support and assist people with legal, and money problems. They are currently seeking to hire a Senior Communications on a fixed term contract basis for a 6 month duration. The role holder will be working specifically with our client's Customer Journey team whose purpose is to design, develop and deliver products that met with the needs of members of the public and our client's advisers. The Customer Journey team have been very busy over the last 12 months, and the role holder will be a strategic comms lead in communicating their work to a wide audience including staff , volunteers and the general public.
Reporting to the Communications & Engagement Manager the role holder will have a broad responsibility including :
- Lead the development and delivery of a team engagement strategy, building on the work we've done in this area to create a framework
- Work with senior managers to craft key messages, and plan and deliver comms outputs both on and offline.
- Act as a strategic adviser for the Customer Journey team to ensure positive engagement at all levels of Citizens Advice.
Build on existing communications framework and strategy recently established for the Customer Journey team
Engage with and deliver content for specific teams within Customer Journey team
Act as go-to communications point of reference for the Customer Journey team and between CJT and the Communications team
- Develop and enhance the way the team uses engagement tools
Evaluate success through analytics and feedback
- Draft and deliver engaging written and visual communications content to support the team's work.
- Experience in a senior role in communications, press, or public affairs, with a track record of managing communications projects to achieve significant, strategic
Demonstrable experience of running successful communications campaigns for internal and external audiences
Proven experience of delivering across a breadth of communications channels (such as digital, events, print, design, press and other media), demonstrating
innovative and creative thinking.
Ability to identify communications priorities and stories within an organisation, and deliver in a way that meets audience needs.
Demonstrable ability to influence senior decision makers and build strong working relationships across multiple teams.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, including proven ability to communicate using appropriate styles, methods and timing, to maximise
understanding and impact.
Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to work with different teams, establish credibility and work collaboratively to solve problems.
Ability to work effectively in a team, including developing team members.
Ability to create a positive working environment in which equality and diversity are well managed, dignity at work is upheld and staff are empowered and
motivated to achieve agreed outcomes.
Demonstrable ability to work under pressure, with strong time management and ability to manage teams to work to tight deadlines.
Closing Date for applications is on Friday 8th November.