about 1 year ago
Steel Bones helps amputee families thrive, helped by a proactive supportive peer community. The support we provide empowers the amputee and their family helping in moments of stress, crisis and trauma. Together with signposting families to all relevant services and support available to them as it can be very complicated and confusing particularly in crisis mode. Steel Bones has a year round calendar of regular social events for amputees and their families. Passionate about inspiring the next generation and the wider public to be fully inclusive, Steel Bones provides engaging awareness workshops for primary schools and publishes children's books featuring amputee families in settings familiar to all readers, young and old.
Volunteers are the lifeblood of Steel Bones' life. We have key roles which our volunteers have helped with and made a fantastic and brilliant impact on empowering amputee families. When join Steel Bones as volunteer we'll give you full training and support, lots of appreciation and valuable skills and training - as well as a good variety of snacks. There is also a quarterly thank you event in which we invite all our volunteers to join us for tea, coffee and cake.
- Enjoy socialising
- Have a passion to make a difference
- Are Team Players
- Have positive, friendly outlook on life
SCHOOL WORKSHOP VOLUNTEER: RESPONSIBILITIES
As a School Workshop Volunteer, you'll support the team in creating an energetic, engaging school workshop. You'll be given a role which suits your skills and will help run the event successfully. You will maintain a smiley attitude, engage with amputee families, encourage conversation and add to the fun, energetic vibe . You'll be supported by the Steel Bones Development Manager, who will help you develop your events skills.
Requirements of the role:
- Believes in the empowerment of amputees and passionate to raise awareness of amputation
- Has the confidence to speak in front of a group of primary school children
- Can communicate and engage with children
- Has basic IT skills and regular access to emails
What to expect from Steel Bones:
- Workshop SKills: You'll be building your skills to run workshops and engage school children
- Relationship building: you'll be building lasting relationships with your local community, guests and volunteers, ensuring they come back for more events.
- Fundraising: you have the opportunity to participate in fundraising activities, like pop-ups and sponsored challenges, to help raise vital funds to support your project.
What to expect from Steel Bones
- Training and Induction to ensure you feel fully equipped to support us.
- Ongoing support and advice from Steel Bones Development Manager
- You will also be given a bi monthly supervision session with our Coach
- Impressive skills and experiences to add to your CV and a reference if/when you need it.
- Reasonable Travel expenses will be reimbursed each month, with proof of travel.
- The opportunity to meet a network of like-minded people.
- A fun, creative volunteer experience, contributing to a community-led project.
To apply, please register your details here: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/JM7F33F