City of London, London
£30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum
about 1 year ago
Role: Sales Executive
Employment Type: 4 week temp
Salary/rate: £30-35,000.00 PA
Working hours: Mon-Fri 9am-5pm
CLOSING DATE: 25/06/18
Start date: 16th July!
The purpose of the Sales Executive will be to:
- Cover the Sales Manager's role whilst on leave.
- Drive the sales cycle from prospect identification to initial customer engagement and ultimately close the sale and deliver the required advertising activity.
- They will be required to work autonomously and demonstrate initiative to identify and qualify new business prospects.
- To develop and manage relationships with key account holders, convert prospects into sales and work collaboratively with the Commercial Development Manager to nurture and identify opportunities to cross sell event sponsorship and advertising for new and existing clients.
- Use appropriate networks, personal initiative and knowledge of the health and social care sectors to actively promote the value of and advertising opportunities in the organisations news letter, the organisations website and other digital products to a wide range of advertisers in order to maximise sales and meet income targets.
- Maintain regular contact with occupational therapy staff recruitment agencies, commercial companies and others to maximise the sale of advertising space, newsletter, the website, e-bulletins, CPD events listings and any other media.
- Liaise with all in house business groups and other external publishers, regional groups and specialist sections of the organisation to identify advertising sales prospects and potential revenue. Follow up leads and establish proactive business links to achieve new revenue streams.
- Manage the preparation of media packs and other appropriate sales materials in liaison with the designers and the marketing team as necessary.
- The ability to work on own initiative and effectively communicate to the in-house designers and marketing team as necessary.
- Notify the designers of pagination for editorial purposes, advising of significant changes to the number of adverts/pages, space requirements within timescales.
- Manage and monitor the content of advertisements to ensure that the material meets the required standards and conforms to the Advertising Standards Authority guidelines, referring doubtful material to the appropriate editor.
- Deal with correspondence and enquiries and negotiate appropriate solutions to problems to ensure that they will not jeopardise advertising income. Liaise with printers to resolve any printing and mailing issues related to advertising.
- Advise the Assistant Director - Communications and Marketing and other parts of the organisation, as required, through regular written, statistical and verbal reports on income targets and sales, advertising matters.
- Liaise with the Finance Department on financial aspects, including invoicing, opening of new accounts, authorisation of credit notes and resolution of queries.
- The candidate will need to deal with the end to end sales process and adapt to dealing with administration tasks, engage with exciting to new clients by telephone and email, able to raise invoices, monitor sales forecasts and budget information.
- Proven commercial experience within a membership or charitable sales based environment.
- Experience in sales for magazine publications advertising and related supplement, insert, online and digital advertising.
- Proven entrepreneurial skills to develop new advertising ideas and strategies to ensure sales targets are reached.