£26k - 33k per year
about 4 years ago
A leading Housing Association headquartered in central London are seeking an experienced Fire Risk Assessor for a permanent role. The role will involve significant travel to multiple sites around London and the UK, so a driving licence would be an advantage from this role. The ideal candidate will come from a surveying or facilities background.
The role will involve:
- Ensure all fire risks are identified and assessed in premises using fire risk assessment method and prepare reports to management recommending prioritised actions in respect of fire safety improvements.
- Provide advice in the interpretation and application of the provisions of, The Fire Safety Regulations Regulatory Reform Order (Fire Safety) 2005, and other statutory guidance in respect of fire safety
- Ensure fire safety audits are conducted and provide periodic authoritative reports to Compliance Manager.
- Provide advice to residents, managers and all staff in regards to fire safety issues and arrangements, including fire precautions and evacuation procedures.
- Provide reports and updates as required to the Compliance Manager.
- Investigate and report on all fire incidents and provide recommendations to improve fire safety.
- To inspect new build property to ensure that it complies with the RRO (Fire Safety) Regulations, Building Regulations and other associated legislation.
- To keep up-to-date regarding current fire safety and associated legislation, attending suitable training courses when required and maintaining CPD requirements.
- Ability to carry out site visits and physical inspections of work, including accessing loft spaces by means of ladders.
- Ability to effectively use computerised databases, Excel spread-sheets and housing management software.
- High level of numeracy and the ability to write reports in a clear and concise manner.
- High understanding of risk mitigation and how it should be applied.
- Experience in the Maintenance and testing of fire safety systems and record keeping.
- An awareness of personal emergency evacuation plans (PEEPs), who they are for and when they should be used.
- An understanding of the different types of evacuation strategies including simultaneous evacuation, phased evacuation, progressive horizontal evacuation, zoned evacuation.
- Hold a NEBOSH Fire Certificate (desirable not essential)
- Successfully completed an IFE recognised fire risk assessment course or hold an independent third party certification in fire risk management. (desirable not essential)
Please send your CV for immediate consideration
We value diversity at TPP and welcome applications from all sections of the community.