Up to £50400.00 per annum
6 months ago
Are you a risk and audit specialist? Are you looking for a role where you can develop and lead on an internal audit programme? Are you looking to join an organisation who values diversity and inclusion and can offer a flexibility and hybrid/agile working?
We are currently working with a professional body and learned society who are leaders in the scientific field they operate in. They are looking for their next Risk and Audit Manager to join the team on a permanent basis.
Reporting to the Head of Governance and Compliance, who directly reports into the Deputy Chief Executive, you will be the primary contact and lead expert for risk management and internal audit and will work across the business to maintain a robust risk management process and internal audit programme. This is also an excellent opportunity to develop and lead a team of internal volunteer auditors from across the body and group.
- Undertake a detailed review and analysis of current internal audit and risk management programmes.
- Develop, embed and maintain a robust risk management process and, on the basis of that, a risk based internal audit programme.
- Review and develop an agreed risk appetite with the Executive Team and Board of Trustees.
- Ensure the development, maintenance and regular review of a corporate risk register.
- Lead on a programme of audits based on an analysis of risk and compliance issues.
- Liaise with, and provide regular reports to the Executive Board, the Audit & Risk Committee Chair and members and the Council (Board) of Trustees where appropriate.
- Ensure that audit recommendations are acted upon swiftly and effectively, and outcomes reported to the Audit & Risk Committee
- Develop, train and lead a team of volunteer internal auditors across the organisation
- Quality assure internal audit reports and recommendations.
What are they looking for?
As the lead expert on risk and internal audit, you will demonstrate the necessary technical knowledge and experience from previous roles, ideally from a membership body or other non-profit. Ideally, you will also be a qualified Chartered Internal Auditor or Certified Internal Auditor with demonstrable experience.
Their head office is based in an ideal location in Central London and hybrid working is on offer here. Although they operate in core hours between 9am and 5pm, they value flexibility and are open to a more flexible working pattern if required. Please apply today!
We want you to have every opportunity to demonstrate your skills, ability and potential; please contact us if you require any assistance or adjustment so that we can help with making the application process work for you.