over 2 years ago
Pride in London means many things to many people, it belongs to our community and it belongs to you; come and join the conversation!
Forty-six years since the first Pride march in London, Pride in London has a renewed sense of purpose to highlight the challenges still facing the LGBT+ community today despite progress. We are run by a group of volunteers who are passionate about equality and diversity and are drawn from all walks of life; together we pull off the UK's biggest free LGBTQ+ community event every year. Pride aims to raise awareness of LGBTQ+ issues and campaign for the freedoms that will allow all of our community to live their lives on a genuinely equal footing.
Around 150 people volunteer year-round to help us deliver what has become a world-class Pride. We welcome applications from everybody, and are especially keen to attract new volunteers from the BAME, Trans, Bi, Non-binary and Queer communities who we would love to see more widely represented in our organisation.
You're new Team
Our fundraising team is key to making Pride in London happen. The event is expensive to run and the show couldn't go on without their efforts encouraging generous donations from thousands of individuals every year. The team work tirelessly year round across a range of activities from running glamorous events like our Gala Dinner, to partnering with community groups or simply hitting the streets with a Pride in London fundraising bucket!
The fundraising team is responsible for growing financial donations and commercial income that allow Pride in London to continue to grow the event and its support of the LGBTQ+ community. You will be part of a team that is responsible for generating £30k+ income. One of the key funding streams is through the sale of stalls for various organisations to interact with the attendees across the footprint on parade day.
You will responsible for the application and approval process from organisations to request a stall, including the administration and invoicing for all spaces through to the smooth running and delivery of these on the day.
- Manage the application process through the online system currently being set up
- Collate all applications and liaising with various teams to ensure we have a diverse and ethical offering of stalls
- Facilitate the process of approval and monitor the confirmed attendees and the waitlist
- Produce and send out any documentation so stall holders have all relevant information
- Reconcile and chase up all payments in good time to ensure the income to Pride in London is received well in advance of the event
- Check relevant compliance for all stall holders so they are aware of the terms and conditions and have trading licences as needed
- With a small team of volunteers manage the on site set up and break down (not structural) of all stalls on the day
- On parade day be available across the footprint to field any queries and assist in delivering a positive experience for all parties
- Explore any ways of increasing visitors to the stalls area and any improvements to visitor / stall holder experience
Who you are
- A background in event planning / delivery is desirable
- A knowledge of the LGBT community and relevant organisations would be beneficial
- Good planning and project management skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with people across all levels
- Strong administration skills
What you'll get joining pride in London
- A induction course and a variety of training that's offered throughout the year
- An opportunity to get new and relevant professional experience
- A chance to broaden your professional network
- Play an important part in delivering Pride event
- Social opportunities to meet the diverse and friendly bunch who volunteer for Pride in London
How to Apply
Please send a CV, and Covering letter showcasing how you are suitable for the role to;