Up to £32767.16 per annum
3 months ago
Role: Retail Area Manager
Employment Type: Permanent
Working hours: Monday-Friday 9am-5pm
You will be required to develop and manage a portfolio of sustainable shops within an operational area comprising of temporary and leasehold shops. The post holder is responsible for all aspects of the Areas management in order to maximise shop sales and profitability, achieving income and profit targets and promoting the organisation in a professional way.
- To achieve agreed shop sales through the Area, Gift Aid targets and maximize our retail profit through effective cost control
- To keep all controllable expenses to a minimum level without loss of sales or health and safety requirements, and to ensure that shop staff and volunteers are aware of the importance of cost control.
- To maintain the target number of shops operating within the Area, by generating and responding to shop property leads promptly, assessing site suitability, preparing shop budgets, ensuring that temporary shop opportunities are maximised and proposing shops for potential leasehold acquisition. Submitting the necessary lease analysis forms to the Retail Operations Manager and Retail Services Manager.
- To report monthly profit and loss queries to Retail Operations Manager and Finance Department.
- To maintain adequate cost controls in the shops and across the Area, ensuring that all budgets are controlled, with staffing costs maintained at the agreed cost to sales ratio.
- To regularly monitor the shops overall performance, promptly interpreting management information, investigating and reporting problem areas together with remedial actions. Reporting to be verbal and written, as required or requested, and to include structured timed objectives and actions.
- Shop Standards and Health and Safety
- To ensure that shops are properly supplied with consumable items, to authorise purchase orders within sign off limits, forwarding copies to supplier and Finance Department and to deal with any queries arising from this.
- To be responsible for the implementation and maintenance of Health & Safety Policy & Guidelines in all shops across the Area following appropriate training.
- To ensure accurate stock control and reporting of any new goods especially greetings and Christmas cards.
- To respond to all customer complaints in a timely fashion.
- To undertake regular inspections of the interior and exterior of shop premises and to advise the Retail Operations Manager and Retail Services Manager and as appropriate of maintenance and Health & Safety requirements.
- To ensure that all cash and security controls/procedures are adhered to by shops in the Area, regularly actioning appropriate checks to include all shop systems, paperwork - investigating, reporting and taking appropriate action on all discrepancies in a timely and professional manner.
- To visit all shops regularly to ensure that they are being managed effectively and efficiently and in accordance with the Shops Operations Manual.
- To be responsible for the recruitment, induction, training, development and management of paid shop staff, and van drivers (employed and self employed).
- To ensure that shops are adequately staffed and that shop teams are developed trained and motivated, providing all necessary support, information, direction and guidance.
- To undertake all line management responsibilities through regular 121's and appraisal process. Setting clear objectives and key performance indicators to monitor and manage the performance of employed staff.
- To ensure that Shop Managers and staff maintain a high level of customer service at all times.
- In conjunction with Volunteer Recruitment and Development Manager, to ensure sufficient numbers of quality volunteers and placements are recruited and trained.
- With appropriate guidance from HR, be responsible for handling investigations, disciplinary hearings and staff grievances within the Area.
- To arrange regular meetings of Shop Management for the purposes of training, communication and planning.
- To maintain efficient and cost effective systems and procedures for the procurement and distribution of Donated Goods, including the operation of house-to-house collections through employed and/or self employed stock collectors in accordance with Home Office regulations. Ensuring that such resources are always cost effectively employed. Signing off any resultant invoices from this work subject to effective and appropriate checks being made.
- On a weekly basis, to check all shops paperwork returns paying particular attention to shop banking and bank slips.
- To ensure monthly overtime claims are kept to a minimum and are submitted to Retail Operations Manager and Payroll Department as per the deadlines given and using the correct submission process
- To complete all necessary insurance claims when required.
- To ensure our in house ENABLE data base is maintained at all times, (training will be provided).
- To record shop visits and to document findings and relevant actions to each Manager as required.
- To ensure that the allocated company motor vehicle is maintained to the proper standard.
If you are interested in applying, please reply to this email, attaching your CV and quoting the reference number in the subject line.
We want you to have every opportunity to demonstrate your skills, ability and potential; please contact us if you require any assistance or adjustment so that we can help with making the application process work for you.