Up to £39299 per annum + +£1,885 Outer London Weighting
about 2 months ago
Our client is an established children's charity proving care for vulnerable children. It is one of the UK's largest children's charities, and they provide a wide range of care services for vulnerable young people in the UK, including fostering, residential care, child protection, and leaving care support.
About the role:
The children's charity is looking for an Ofsted Registered Manager for one of their residential children's homes based in Enfield, this will be on a 12 month contract going permanent afterwards. This is a solo placement supporting a child with a long term care plan.
You will be responsible for the day to day management of the home, being a leader who can create a family nurturing ethos within the home. You will manage a team of 12-13 staff as well as undertake some of the care duties. Experience in managing bespoke services within a children's home would be highly valuable in this role.
* Leading a team of staff and sessional workers in developing and maintaining effective practice and delivery of services to children, young people and families
* Completing all management procedures and routines for each member of the team in line with Barnardo's People Policies in order to maintain individual and team capability and motivation
* To plan and delegate the allocation of workload and resources within area of responsibility ensuring oversight of all case work and activities is maintained at all times
* To support CSM in representing the charity with stakeholders and commissioners, as required, in order to influence local practice and provision of support to children, young people and families.
* To maintain active engagement on all Safeguarding matters so that issues are dealt with in the interests of the child, in a compliant and professional manner, with appropriate escalation to, and involvement of, senior management and external agencies in line with charity's Safeguarding Policy.
* To maintain and develop staff competence in their activities by keeping them up to date with relevant developments in social care, education, health and other relevant legislation, and all relevant internal policies and procedures
What you'll need:
* To be an Ofsted Registered Manager
* Ability to pass on Ofsted interview
* Experience in working with challenging behaviour
* Ability to interpret regulations around complex needs and safeguarding
* Experience in working with children's care plans
You will be joining a charity with a passionate community who strive to deliver the best care possible to vulnerable children, there will be plenty of development and support for staff. The charity's services are expanding every year and you will be joining them on their exciting journey of achieving increasing levels of positive impacts year by year.
If you are interested in this role, please apply now with your up to date CV.
For more information about this role, please get in touch at email@example.com quoting reference number J75475GH.
We want you to have every opportunity to demonstrate your skills, ability and potential; please contact us if you require any assistance or adjustment so that we can help with making the application process work for you.