£16.48 - £19.23 per hour
3 months ago
A leading Higher Education Institution are looking to recruit a temporary Research Support Officer to join the Research and Faculty Office. The innovative University is located in Regents Park and the successful candidate will be a member of the research support team, providing a supportive and professional research environment to faculty within the School. The University is a leading global school with a diverse, vibrant and connected environment and will provide the successful candidate with support and training in order to meet the overall objectives of the role and gain an understanding of the research grant administration environment. The job pays £16.48 - £19.23 per hour and will be for a minimum of three months.
The key responsibilities include:
* Sharing information with faculty about the School's internal schemes for supporting faculty research and advising them about external funding opportunities available, as well as working with them to help them obtain the research funds they need.
* Developing high quality grant proposals and facilitating in driving the business of the Research Support Office.
* Successfully managing the allocation of funds and working collaboratively with Advancement and Accounts over the allocation of funds.
* Maintaining the website, portal pages and the research database for faculty publications and playing a key role in working with the IT department in the transition to implementing a new Research Information System.
* Providing data for a variety of purposes
The successful candidate will have:
* Experience of working in a similar role
* Proficient use of Excel, Word and Email.
* Excellent communication and customer service skills
* The ability to be a quick learner and a willingness to collaborate and work successfully with others