£16.87 per hour
over 1 year ago
A leading, innovative and prestigious university are looking to recruit a Research Support Manager role on an initial 3 month assignment.
As the research support manager you will be responsible for providing a supportive and professional research environment to faculty within the School. This includes sharing information with faculty about the School's internal schemes for supporting faculty research and advising them about the external funding opportunities available; and working with them to help them obtain the research funds they need. You will play a key role in working with the Director and Deputy Dean in the review of the processes and procedures of the School's internal schemes. You will also be responsible for helping to maintain the School's research support infrastructure through the maintenance of the website; the bespoke research database for faculty publications; working with the Library responsible for the curation and day to day maintenance of the School's Institutional Eprints Repository; and significant contribution to the implementation of a future Current Research Information System supporting the School's research activities.
To be successful in the role you will have the following skills and attributes:
- A first degree or equivalent experience
- Knowledge and understanding of the HE research funding environment in particular pre-award research grant administration management e.g. external funding body administrative procedure and process for application submissions ; proposal development
- Knowledge and understanding of the broader HE research landscape, e.g. research excellence framework and associated policy, research governance, and wider government strategies
- Experience with external funder grant applications systems e.g. JeS/PPSS/e-Gap
- Experience with databases and excel spreadsheets.
For an informal discussion on the role, please call Samantha on 02071986090.