City of London, London
Up to £18.81 per hour
about 1 year ago
We are working with a world-leading centre for research and postgraduate education to recruit a Research Finance Officer on an ongoing interim basis paying £18.81 per hour PAYE (negotiable).
You will support the efficient management of a faculty's research and consultancy portfolio, ensuring an excellent level of service to the Academic and Professional Staff. This role combines proficiency in post award grant administration with the opportunity to develop an area of expertise for example in funders' terms and conditions, EU administration, financial reporting or research management systems development.
Post-award responsibilities include:
* setting up and activating awarded grants
* authorising budget expenditure in accordance with School procedures
* review and authorise Staff and Student appointments on research grants
* day-to-day management and prioritisation of a portfolio of grants
* producing research grant claims and financial statements for funders
* reconciliation and closure of completed projects
To be successful in the role you will have experience in research administration or accounting practices (preferably within Higher Education). A relevant financial or accounting qualification would be desirable.