£24254.00 - £28338.00 per annum + bonuses
6 months ago
A postgraduate university specialising in technology and management are looking to expand their Research Contracts team to recruit a Research Contracts Assistant on a permanent basis. This role is paying £24,254 to £28,338 per annum with additional performance related pay up to £35,420 per annum.
The Research Commercial team provides legal advice and reviews and negotiates terms and conditions of research and consultancy contracts and agreements on behalf of the University. As the research contracts assistant, you will be responsible for supporting the research contracts team and the costing and pricing processes for research, consultancy and large complex projects for the University.
This will include:
- Reviewing all research and consultancy contracts obtaining authorisation and signatures as necessary, engaging with the academics and the approval chain submitting to the sponsor as necessary to meet deadlines.
- Monitor the progress of all submissions until they are set up in Agresso
- Maintain up to date information in the Research Contracts Database and associated record management systems regarding proposals submitted, awarded and lost.
- Responsible and accountable for deadline compliance and adherence to mandated proposal requirements for the purposes of compliance
- Support the Contracts Managers, providing an excellent customer service focused approach to both internal and external stakeholders.
To be successful in the role you will have the following skills and experience:
- Experience working in a large complex organisation or Higher Education institution
- Use of complex case management systems
- Experience of working with a range of internal stakeholders at a high level
- Excellent Microsoft skills in Office range (Especially Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Strong administrative skills with sound organisationsal skills and an excellent eye for detail
- Experience working within a contractual environment
- Previous experience of working in a research environment, preferably within Higher Education.
- Previous experience with use of Agresso.
- Previous experience of generating cost models and negotiating pricing aspects with customers.
Benefits include a total of 39 days leave including bank holidays and university closure days, excellent pension scheme, access to an onsite gym for a small annual fee and scope for professional development.