almost 3 years ago
At The Charity for Civil Servants, we offer help and advice to former and current Civil Servants as well as their dependants across the country. In the UK, there are up to 3 million people eligible to apply for help from us.
We currently have 200 active volunteers and we’re looking closely at evaluating their work and the value of volunteering to the charity and the civil service community. This will be an office based role and part of a larger evaluation project we are currently conducting - collecting qualitative data from each volunteer in order to spot behavioral trends and common themes.
What will I be doing?
- Significant input in helping to construct a comprehensive research plan looking specifically at our Campaigner Volunteer role, including setting objectives, scripting the data collection and how we will evaluate the findings.
- Contacting 60+ volunteers and arranging suitable times for telephone interviews, lasting no longer than 20 minutes each.
- Interpreting the data collected to identify common themes and trends in behavior, activity undertaken and feedback of their role.
- Produce high quality, in-depth, yet user-friendly and succinct reports (including a summary) on your findings and be able to make sensible recommendations for development from this.
Will the role suit me?
YES, if you...
- Have experience in conducting research or have a relevant degree
- Very strong oral and written communication skills
- The ability to manage your time effectively
- Excellent listening and interpretive skills
- Are able to think on your feet and use own initiative
- Knowledge or interest in volunteering and the voluntary sector.
What will I get out of it?
- Solid experience of creating, contributing and conducting a research project
- Experience of working in the UK’s largest non-service occupational charity
- Full induction and training where as required
- Ongoing supervision and support from the Volunteering Team.
What do I need to do now?
For more information or to apply please contact our Volunteer Support Team at: email@example.com or 020 8240 2441/2403.
Our postal address is:
The Charity for Civil Servants, 5 Anne Boleyn's Walk, Cheam, Surrey SM3 8DY