£32k per year
Social Care Team
0207 198 6070
over 2 years ago
RENT AND INCOME MANAGER
Closing date: 25th August 2016 at 23.59
Aim of the role: To minimise customer rent arrears and be responsible for taking an expert role across the organisation in the management and monitoring of the rental income processes.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Benefits: Competitive salary, comprehensive training and development programme, 26 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays, occupational sick pay, contributory group pension scheme, free life assurance and salary sacrifice schemes (e.g. childcare vouchers).
Interview dates: 5 September 2016
About the role
- To meet the Current and Former Customer bad debt targets set each year for the organisation.
- The Rent and Income Management is responsible for taking an expert role across the organisation in the management and monitoring of the rental income processes.
- The role will provide on-going and day to day line management, including support and supervision and guidance for the Rent and Income Advisors (R&IA) ensuring they are managing the workload effectively and providing an excellent service to both internal and external stakeholders.
- To minimise customer rent arrears by implementing the Rental Income Policy and supporting the R&IA’s to work on a one to one basis with customers supporting them to pay their rent.
- To liaise closely with the Housing Benefit department to ensure claims, backdates, overpayments and appeals are processed efficiently.
You will have:
- Previous experience of providing managing rent arrears in a social housing setting.
- Previous experience of managing staff through a performance framework.
- Experience of managing complex and difficult situations especially in relation to people.
- Experience of setting targets and taking remedial action where targets are not met.
- Experience of working within a budgetary framework. previous experience of providing managing rent arrears in a social housing setting.
About the Company
Our client are a housing and support charity, working with over 2000 people each year in and around London. Our client covers the London Boroughs of Bromley, Croydon, Lambeth, and the Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea. They are the one of the largest provider of homelessness accommodation in London and work with people of all ages, providing housing, support and guidance to empower them towards independent living and to building a better life.
Our client is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applciations from all sections of the community, including people who have experienced homelessness themselves.
If you are interested in applying or know someone that is interested in applying, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org