almost 3 years ago
Cancer Research UK has an ambitious goal to see 3 out of 4 people survive cancer within the next 20 years. To do this, we need more volunteers in our shops in order to raise vital funds. Our shops couldn’t run without the dedication and passion of all our volunteers. We need you to help us recruit more volunteers into our shops so they have all the volunteer support they need to make 3 out of 4 a reality.
What would I do as a Regional Outreach Volunteer?
- Helping the Volunteer Recruitment team to recruit and place volunteers in our shops in your adopted region
- Talking to supporters at events (e.g. recruitment events, community groups) to promote volunteering in our shops
- Helping supporters start their volunteer journey by introducing them to the local shop and providing support where needed
- Sharing feedback from volunteers to the Volunteer Recruitment team to improve future campaigns
What skills do I need?
- Confident communicator with an enthusiastic and engaging approach
- Strong administrative skills and a positive phone manner
- Proactive and organised: able to plan ahead to make activities and communications happen
- Inclusive, empathetic and tactful when working with other volunteers
- Committed in responding to supporters, and in providing info to the Volunteer Recruitment team
- Ability to think outside the box and discover new ways to promote our ask
- Access to a computer and phone, and a car is desirable -- reasonable expenses will be paid
This is a flexible role, so it’s completely up to you how much time you commit. You might want to designate a day or a few hours a week. We suggest approx. 6 hour per week to make sure you get a full sense of what the role can offer you.
What support will we give you?
- A full induction into the work of Cancer Research UK and our charity shops.
- Assigned a member of the Volunteer Recruitment team to guide you through the role and to offer you continued support
- Regular phone catch ups with the Volunteer Recruitment team and your peers
- Reasonable expenses reimbursed, e.g. phone calls, lunch & travel
- Access to materials to support your activity
This is a highly supported role, where you’ll work in partnership with staff to be part of something big.
What benefits can I expect?
- Meet new people and be at the heart of our volunteer community
- Develop your transferable skills and gain experience, with training and on-going, tailored support
- Pass on your passion and expertise to other volunteers—and grow in confidence as you see the impact
- Be part of something big—get support and share your experiences
Where will I be based?
This role will be a mix of home-based and out and about in the area. It’s a varied role where one day you may be making calls to new volunteer sign ups and attending a recruitment fair with the Volunteer Team the next.
For more information or to apply for the role, please visit http://www.cancerresearchuk.org/support-us/volunteer/regional-outreach-volunteer-canterbury