£23500 per annum
5 months ago
Recovery Worker - Substance Misuse
£23,500 per annum
3 month fixed term contract (potential for extension), 35 hours per week Monday-Friday
About the organisation:
TPP's client is a social enterprise that empowers people to break the cycle of crime or addiction to move forward with their lives. For more than 25 years, the organisation has been working with people to build positive and productive lives, whatever their past. Their services have supported thousands of people to make positive changes and build productive lives with a job, family, friends and a sense of community.
About the role:
An exciting opportunity has opened to work in a Drug & Alcohol service covering East Kent, working within an integrated healthcare framework to provide support to drug and alcohol users ages 18 and over. Services are designed to delivery Psychosocial Drug and Alcohol Interventions for Services users that are identified as having an alcohol or drug problem. Services will deliver client centred treatment using both harm reduction and abstinence based treatment approaches depending on the requirements of the individual client.
You will be required to manage a caseload, provide appropriate harm reduction advice and guidance, assess, care plan; deliver structured 1:1 and group-work sessions including structure treatment programmes. Through care and integration with other services such as Housing, Employment, Healthcare Services, Probation and CRCs are an essential element of the work.
Reporting to the Team Leader, you will be responsible for contributing to the targets set by the local commissioners. One of the key targets will be measuring outcomes, so co-operative working relationships with other partner agencies is vital to this role.
About you and essential skills needed:
- Experience of working within substance misuse services
- Experience of carrying out comprehensive assessments, risk management places and the design and implementation of SMART care plans
- Experience of delivering structured interventions to services users
- Experience of facilitating groups
- Using motivational interviewing techniques in both 1:1 and group setting
- Strong IT skills
- Understanding of continuity of care, holistic care needs and community services
- Knowledge of Safeguarding
- Level 3 in Health and Social Care
- A thorough knowledge of and commitment to the 12-step process of recovery from addition
- Knowledge of the criminal justice sector
- Previous experience of working within a community or a prison setting
- Utilising clinical supervision
- Knowledge of NHS health and wellbeing outcomes
- Qualification in substance misuse
Please send your CV firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting reference J63030PG, and we will be touch.
Our client is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications for all sections of the community, including people who have personally experienced addiction or imprisonment themselves.
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK and will require an Enhanced DBS.