£30k - 32k per year
over 3 years ago
A leading awarding body that provides pre-entry programmes through to QAA recognised Access to HE qualifications and professional FE Teaching Certificates are looking to grow their field of qualifications by recruiting for a specialist ESOL and Functional Skills Qualifications Developer.
Established for over 30years this organisation is situated in the North West of England, and the Qualifications Development Manager will join a team consisting of 3 existing Qualification Developers and report to the Senior Development Manager.
The aim of this role will be to manage the development, review and maintenance of qualifications focusing specifically on ESOL Skills for Life, ESOL International, Functional Skills English and QCF English Qualifications. This role will also ensure that such qualifications remain fit for purpose and compliant with all regulatory requirements.
Core Duties will include:
- Becoming the organisation’s ESOL SfL/ International and English Qualifications specialist
- Identify and recruit people with specialist knowledge and skills to contribute to the development of qualifications and related products and co-ordinate their activity;
- Identify opportunities for the development of new qualifications and related products for use in the UK and internationally through market research and in response to the regional or national agenda or requests from centres;
- Plan and coordinate product development projects and manage external stakeholders and associates who are being utilised in product development activity to ensure they complete their element of the work or project on time and in the most cost effective way following procedures;
- Conduct product review, implementing changes when appropriate and identify products to be withdrawn;
- Ensure that all assessments on all qualifications are carried out to a high standard in accordance with appropriate internal policies and external regulators and can withstand scrutiny by internal audit and key stakeholders;
- Proactively take forward new business opportunities, including partnerships and collaborations, recruitment of new centres and the development of qualifications and other products through personal contact, visits, market research and any other means;
- Establish and secure appropriate funding for new and existing qualifications liaising with the appropriate agencies e.g. SfA;
- Keep abreast of policies and initiatives relevant to product development;
The salary for this role will be up to £32k, and there maybe elements of UK and international travel that is required as part of the role.
Essential criteria for this role include:
- Degree (preferably in English) or equivalent professional qualification , or significant professional experience and excellent track record
- Strong business acumen
- Ability to manage and supervise staff effectively, experience of monitoring, identifying and assigning external consultants
- Excellent project management skills with demonstrable commitment to a high standard of customer service
- Experience of successful curriculum development
- Understanding of the post 14 qualifications framework
- Understanding of awarding organisation procedures and processes and the requirements of qualification regulatory authorities (Ofqual and QAA)
To apply for this role please send a copy of your CV to the Education Team quoting reference number J52437KP by midnight on Sunday 26th July.
Please note you maybe asked to complete a brief cover letter if you are selected to be submitted for the role.