about 1 year ago
icandance is a charity which offers creativity, learning and wellbeing through dance and movement to children and young people, with varying disabilities, aged 4 to 25 years old. icandance has a thriving part-time team which consists of employees, contractors and volunteers.
This voluntary role will form an important part of the icandance administration team to help develop a social media and public relations strategy, to increase awareness of icandance through various media platforms and positively promote the charity in order to improve our recruitment, event attendance and overall local visibility. You will have the opportunity to work alongside other team members to develop the PR strategy.
The role is one day per week with flexibility around being in the office and/or working from home. On a day to day basis the role reports to the Principal.
The office is situated at The Green Man Community Centre, London, N2 9BA.
- Helping to generate content for icandance social media channels such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Create a social media communication calendar to allow frequent and consistent activity on our social media channels.
- Use a range of creative and contemporary methods to promote the story of icandance e.g through blogs, posters, flyers, brochures, etc.
- Helping to write newsletters, press releases, editorials, presentations and other media related copy.
- Supporting campaign, marketing, events and fundraising activities.
- Supporting the Principal to develop relationships with journalists and other organisations.
- Work with Principal to ensure contact on website remains current.
- Other duties as directed by the Principal and the Executive Team.
- Confident and capable around most social media platforms.
- The ability to monitor and respond to social media activity every day
- Good organisational and research skills.
- Fluent in English, written and verbal.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn.
- Good computer and database skills.
- Commitment to volunteering for at least six hours per week on a regular basis.
- Interest in working for an organisation which supports families living with disabilities.
What we can offer
- A working agreement, clearly setting out the boundaries of the work, including what icandance expects from you and what you can expect from icandance.
- Opportunities to learn about and gain experience of running events and campaigns.
- A chance to build existing skills and develop new ones.
- Opportunity to be part of a flourishing charity who is a leader in dance for those with disabilities
- Reasonable travel expenses.
How to apply
Please email email@example.com for more information on how to apply for the role.