about 3 years ago
Radio Wexham’s aims and objectives are:
• To provide a professional hospital radio service to Wexham Park Hospital
• To improve the quality of life for the patients and staff.
• To provide support services, from outside broadcasts to activities organised by the League of Friends.
• To help in the local community wherever possible, always providing that the main role of serving the local hospital is not compromised
• To raise funds to finance the service
• Provide opportunities for all members to learn/develop radio and broadcasting skills
We need a proactive individual to focus on promoting Radio Wexham and improve communication internally and externally. Would suit an enthusiastic, good communicator who has an interest in public relations, marketing or jounalism. No previous experience necessary.
Description of the role:
To assist the Chairperson and Webmaster in raising the profile of Radio Wexham in the hospital and local community.
Volunteers will have the opportunity to specialise in a specific area, or become involved in more than one of the following methods:
- Compile Newsletters and email campaigns.
- Manage social media, such as Twitter and Face Book.
- Edit and update website content.
- Release communications through local press and radio media.
- Distribute leaflets to organisations and manage stock levels.
- Design promotional materials.
- Promote the achievements and activities, and raise the profile of Radio Wexham.
- Assist Webmaster with ; regularly updating and reviewing information on the website, ensuring it is accurate and relevant.
- Ensure that communications reach a diverse audience both internally and externally.
- Develop publicity materials and communication techniques to target communities who are under-represented.
- Produce press releases and publicity materials for Radio Wexham
- Develop and implement social media platforms for Healthwatch Hillingdon.
- Produce a quarterly newsletter and further periodic news bulletins, as required.
- Attend publicity/fundraising events and promote Radio Wexham
Volunteering at the station is flexible and you give as much time as you can, most members volunteer one night a week for a couple of hours helping with visiting the wards/presenting/producing a show, as well as at our fundraising events.
Our philosophy at RW is you get out whatever you put in!!
The process with the station is after coming in for an interview and subject to receiving references, members usually spend the first 12 weeks as Radio Reps - this involves going round the hospital chatting to patients and getting requests. It's a great way to get to know the hospital and the varied listeners we have.
All our training is of the same standard as the national radio stations and we are now the only station in the UK where members aged 16 to 25 can also have the opportunity to earn an AS Level qualification! We are also part of a national association which offers professional training, seminars and networking.
Due to the nature of the role, a DBS check will be required and we cannot accept applications from under 16s, due to insurance purposes.
For a full description of the role, or to apply, please email the Chair Melanie Ives at firstname.lastname@example.org