£34k - 34.5k per year
about 2 years ago
A health charity are looking for a dynamic and charismatic individual to support the external relations department in their work on this condition and its effect on employment. You will help further the agenda of the charity in Westminster by liasing with key decision makers and running events for key stakeholders.
The appointed candidate would have:
- Experience in a public affairs or policy role.
- Experience of parliamentary monitoring.
- Detailed knowledge of how Westminster and Whitehall operate
- Understanding of the political and healthcare environment and the ability to use this knowledge to devise creative ways to influence decision-makers
- An understanding of campaigning and of the interplay between policy development, influencing and public affairs
- Knowledge of, and a clear interest in, policies affecting disabled people
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders.
- Excellent understanding of the workings of parliament and the government, and the role the local councils play in healthcare policy and governance.