£35000 per annum
over 3 years ago
This well respected animal welfare charity is looking for a public affairs advisor to join their team. The charity has just had a new office refit and is located on a beautiful leafy street near a tube station.
Reporting into the Director of Public Affairs, you will be responsible for promoting the charity's agenda and lobbying across government and key policy makers. Your verbal and networking skills will enable you to put the right case, at the right time to the right person to influence change.
You will be responsible for analysing government announcements, proposed regulations, policy initiatives and legislative developments, assessing their impact on their mission and advising key colleagues on proposed strategy.
The appointed candidate will have:
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to build and maintain positive and productive relationships with MPs, MEPs, decision makers and other organizations in the UK and internationally
- Developed research and analytical skills and the ability to draft briefings, parliamentary questions, letters and amendments as required.
- First class written and verbal presentations skills
- Well developed research and analytical skills
- Knowledge of parliamentary and policy development processes and how to create change