Up to £24.14 per hour
almost 2 years ago
We are working with a fantastic medical membership body to recruit for a Public Affairs Advisor to join their team on a temporary basis until the end of January 2020 with a possibility of extension. Your role will be to step in and achieve positive outcomes and engage members and staff about the implications in the sector. You will sit with the policy and public affairs department to maintain relationships and identify opportunities to influence stakeholders to achieve priorities and objectives. You will be involved in developing and implementing strategies, the development of department objectives and monitoring of financial budgets. Leading the public affairs activity to influence Parliament and Government to achieve legislative or policy change will be a key part of your role.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be experienced in working with /in UK Government and Parliament
- Be experienced in liaising with senior politicians
- Have strong communication skills, specifically writing emails/letters
- Have experience in campaigns or a member led organisation
- Be self-motivated
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office suite and outlook
- MUST BE IMMEDIATELY AVAILABLE
If you are interested in applying, please email your CV quoting the reference number in the subject line.