£26000.00 - £28000.00 per annum + 26 days holiday, Employee benefits
over 2 years ago
Interim Project Officer
A well-established children's communication charity is recruiting for a Project officer on a fixed term contract for 6-9 months. With the potential of being extended for a further year.
This charity's vision is a world where all children have the communication skills they need to fulfil their potential. Serving children and families for 130 years, a social enterprise that develops and distributes a wide range of materials, training packages and interventions across the nation. Their mission is that no child should be left out or left behind because of a difficulty speaking or understanding.
This is an exciting time to join the organisation. We are seeking an experienced project officer to work on multiple funded projects across the organisation, working closely with speech and language practitioners and other professionals.
You will receive 25 days holiday plus Christmas eve off as an extra. You will benefit from the employee benefits scheme.
The working hours are 9-5 but there can be some flexibility around the hours. There could be opportunity to work from home on occasions for the right candidate.
The successful candidate will enjoy working in project teams across the organisation to support key projects and will be responsible for:
- Developing and monitoring project plans.
- Supporting the organisation to ensure project milestones are reached.
- Helping to organise and ensure the smooth delivery and evaluation of workshop events.
- Developing and maintaining project risk registers and supporting mitigating actions.
- Organising meetings and ensuring meeting objectives are clear with agendas and relevant paperwork produced.
- Liaising with project team members, as appropriate, including partners organisations, as well as internal teams.
- Supporting the development of agreed service level agreements, and monitoring these.
- Working with our speech and language practitioners to meet children's speech, language and communication needs.
The successful candidate would be based in the central London office, near Angel, and would need to demonstrate in their CV and, if invited, at interview:
- Project management experience, preferably in a charity and/or education setting.
- Strong attention to details and experience working with spreadsheets.
- Good organising and scheduling skills.
- Good interpersonal and communications skills, with the ability to deal with people at all levels.
- A passion for improving the life chances of children.
- To apply for this opportunity, please email your CV to our office & Specialist support team. All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
We need help for, at least six to nine months, potentially longer. Does this sound up your street? Are you passionate about giving the children the best start in life? Then why not consider applying. Consideration will be given to candidates who want to work 4 days a week. Some travel may be required but this will not be extensive.
To apply for this opportunity, please email your CV to our office & Specialist support team. All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.