Up to £34000.00 per annum
17 days ago
A society and professional membership body for science, education and research is hiring for a Project Manager to define, plan and manage the delivery of multiple cross-organisational projects that will benefit work across the organisation and its stakeholders. This is a full-time 1-year contract with an ASAP start, flexible hybrid working options are available.
As the Project Manager, you will be expected to drive projects forward in coordination with the respective teams and management boards or committees, ensuring successful delivery and an effective handover following project closure. Your role will focus on leading and providing expertise in project planning, initiation, and approval, monitoring and evaluation, risk, issue and dependency management, budget management, lessons learned and project closures. Along with the rest of the Programme Office team, you will support the Head of Programme Office to establish and lead an effective Programme Office function for the organisation.
You will have the following skills and experience
* Proven ability and experience in project management or coordination to see a range of complex projects through to completion.
* Ability to manage and measure work effectively, taking responsibility for tasks and decisions
* Customer focussed and dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers and partners
* Strong functional knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment
* Ability to work co-operatively with others to achieve common goals
* Negotiation and Influencing skills - the capability to explore different positions and alternatives to reach outcomes that gain acceptance of all parties
* Interpersonal skills - ability to positively communicate with others; the confidence to listen and understand
* Communication skills - ability to express information clearly and effectively in written and oral form
If this sounds like the role for you, then we would love to hear from you. We are reviewing CVs as and when we are receiving them so if you are keen to apply, then please do so today.
TPP are always keen to speak with candidates looking to work in the sector so if this role isn't quite right for you, please do check out our website www.tpp.co.uk and pop your CV over to us!
We want you to have every opportunity to demonstrate your skills, ability and potential; please contact us if you require any assistance or adjustment so that we can help with making the application process work for you.