£19.44 - £20.31 per hour
12 days ago
A London University are currently recruiting for a Project Coordinator for eight weeks. You will be responsible for providing efficient administrative support for a portfolio of research projects which may have multiple overseas collaborators or complex funder requirements.
For this role you will develop a good understanding of funder terms and conditions for the projects providing advice and compliance that adheres to school policies and procedures.
- Prepare and collate material for research grant applications and ensuring all applications are submitted according to the funding regulations.
- Identify funding opportunities for future research and advise on internal and external requirements and guidelines.
- Identify any problems that may arise within the areas of administration/financial management.
- Overseeing any other aspects of the project(s) including arranging project meetings, organising travel, visas and reimbursement of expenses.
- Act as a point of contact for funders in relation to the administration of projects.
- Take independent decisions on expenditure, budget and staff funding using own knowledge in combination with written checklists/guidelines and templates.
- Proactively manage the project budget, which may include budgets over a million pounds.
- Provide financial reports submitted by collaborators/sub-contractors to ensure the expenditure is in line with the budget
You will have:
- Relevant experience of providing proactive administrative support within Higher Education working closely with academic staff members.
- Extensive experience of providing administrative/financial support for research projects.
- Working knowledge of funder terms and conditions and Full Economic Costing (FEC).
- Experience of monitoring a budget and prepare accurate costings, reports and projections.
- Previous experience of planning and providing proactive support for meetings and/or events this includes preparing papers and minutes.
- Excellent relevant IT skills (e.g. MS Word and Excel)
- Ability to communicate complex information to non-specialists and colleagues.
- The ability to work with a high level of accuracy and with attention to detail.
This role will be working remotely, however you may be required to come into the office in central London.
This is an eight-week assignment with the start date of 1st of November. If you have the above experience this will be a great role for you.
Please send across your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the job title and reference number J75888RD if you would like to be considered for this great opportunity.
We want you to have every opportunity to demonstrate your skills, ability and potential; please contact us if you require any assistance or adjustment so that we can help with making the application process work for you.